Friday, July 18, 2014

Greetings from Tbilisi, Georgia

Group lessons
A few weeks ago we announced project Teen Challenge Tbilisi, Georgia. We want to encourage and help the directors Blair & Althea Greive to continue and expand their work among the addicted and homeless. We want to do so (for now) by offering financial support.

We already received most of the 2,200 euro chunk that we promised them. For one thing, they will be able to employ an extra worker with that gift: Giorgi.

The work of Teen Challenge in Georgia has been established by Doug and Anna Boyle. They were also the ones that pioneered the work of Teen Challenge in Kazakhstan. It is wonderful to hear (and we have heard many exciting stories firsthand from Doug!) and see how they set up a center and program with such enthusiasm, energy and love. And sometimes (after several years) they hand it over to a next generation.

In the meantime in Georgia... Blair and Althea are running the home with that same enthusiasm, they have many plans for the future. One of the men that graduated the program last winter is Giorgi. He started to work at the center and helps guys that are in the same situation he was in, when he entered the program. Here is part of his testimony:

Giorgi
'My name is Giorgi, I am 34 years old. I was addicted to drugs and alcohol at age 14, my life had been completely destroyed and no one could help me. Then at age 32, I came into the program in despair and hopelessness. In the program I met Jesus and He helped me to be free from my addictions. With God's help, I finished the program and now I serve in this program as a worker. I have joy in my heart and hope for the best in each day.'

Well, that makes us really happy! Rescuing people out of darkness and bringing them into the light, so they can live the life that God had planned for them. There are thousands of men like Giorgi, who desperately need help and salvation. There are currently big plans to start a women's home as well. YES!

If you desire to support their work, please make your gift payable:
When in Europe: St. Traveling Light, Papendrecht IBAN: NL91RABO0118582275 BIC: RABONL2U
When in the USA: You can send your donation for Teen Challenge Georgia directly HERE.

We are looking forward to receive your gifts. We still need 400 euro!